Associazione la Nostra Famiglia is a non-profit organization dedicated to the care and rehabilitation of people with disabilities, in particular children and young adults. It was founded in 1946.
It boasts a wide network of rehabilitation facilities: it is present in 6 Italian regions and it collaborates with the Voluntary Organization for International Cooperation (OVCI) in 5 countries around the world.
It takes care of children and young people, both with serious pathological conditions, such as vegetative states, and with situations of psychopathological risk or social disadvantage.
La Nostra Famiglia deals with:
- scientific research and study of the medical, psychological and psychoeducational aspects of the different kinds of disabilities, through the activity of the Scientific Institute "Eugenio Medea";
- children with serious family difficulties, children and adolescents alone or with socio-environmental problems, which are welcomed in small communities or in family groups;
- management of day and residential centers for adults with disabilities;
- professional and university training of health professionals;
- promotion of the culture of social inclusion